The Restaurant at The Bell Inn has traditional oak beams and makes for a relaxed atmosphere when eating.
All our food is cooked on demand with fresh fruit and seasonal vegetables bought in daily.
The Restaurant is open from 12Noon to 2pm and then again from 6pm until 9pm
With Special Offers being shown on our News & Events page and also here on the Restaurant page.
Starters & Sharing Platters
- Mediterranean Mezze. with marinated olives, roasted artichoke, boccoronis, sun dried tomatoes, warm crusty rolls & balsamic vinegar & olive oil £7.95
- Baked Camembert, served with crusty rolls and apple & ale chutney £7.95
- Seafood Mezze with breaded king prawns, whitebait & calamari served with a citrus mayo & sweet chilli sauce £8.95
- Soup of the day…served with a warm granary roll and butter 5.45
- Breaded Goujons of Plaice..served with chefs own tartare sauce and garnish 6.95
- Prawn & Crayfish Tails Cocktail..with tomato & chilli salsa, granary roll & fresh mixed leaves £6.95
- Ardennes Pate..served with apple & ale chutney, warm toast and salad garnish £6.95
- Wild Mushroom Risotto..with a shisho cress salad…Starter £6.95 Main £10.95
- Freshly Battered Cod…served with chips, petite pois and chefs own tartare sauce 9.95
- The Famous Bell Club Sandwich...Bacon, lettuce , tomato ,honey roast ham & sliced egg with creamy mayo and pickles served on toasted granary bread 7.50
- Ploughman’s Lunches: choose from, Mature Cheddar, Brie, Stilton, Cumberland Sausage & red onion or Honey Mustard roast ham, with fresh baguette & pickles 7.50
- Ciabattas & Baguettes… Choice of same as ploughman’s plus Bacon & Brie, Tuna & Mayo comes with fries! 6.50
- Olde English Bangers With Bubble & Squeak. with delicious red onion gravy…9.95
- Home Cooked Ham Eggs &Chips. with salad garnish..8.95
- Whole tail Scampi. WWith chips , salad garnish or petite pois and homemade tartare sauce 8.95
- Hunters Chicken. Breast of chicken topped with bacon and smothered with Hickory barbecue sauce and mature cheddar cheese, with chips & salad 11.95
- Homemade Gourmet Steak Burger topped with bacon & monterey jack cheese chips, relish & pickles 9.95
- Chicken Madras . Authentic Indian dish served with chutney and poppadom 10.95
Mediterranean Mezze..with marinated olives, roasted artichoke,bocoronis, sun blushed tomatoes, warm crusty bread & balsamic vinegar & olive oil 7.95
Baked Camembert..served with crusty rolls & apple & ale chutney 7.95
Seafood Mezze..with breaded king prawns, whitebait, calamari & served with a citrus mayo & sweet chilli sauce 8.95
Breaded Goujons of Plaice..served with chefs own tartare sauces and garnish 6.95
Prawn & Crayfish Tails Cocktail..with tomato & chilli salsa, granary roll & fresh mixed leaves 6.95
Homemade Soup Of The Day..served with fresh crusty roll and butter 5.45
Ardennes Pate..served with warm toasted granary bread, apple & ale chutney and fresh salad garnish 6.95
Wild Mushroom Risotto.. with shisho cress salad Starter 6.95 Main 10.95
From The Grill
All of our meat is sourced from local supplier “Country Butchers” in Devizes, they use Devonshire Red Beef, and free range Duroc Cross Pork as well as Southdown Lamb from Childhay Manor who have been farming the Dorset countryside for over four generations.
8oz Fillet Steak..19.95
10oz Sirloin Steak..16.95
10oz Rib eye Steak..16.95
16oz T Bone Steak..19.95
10oz Gammon Steak.. Topped with hens eggs 10.95
And not for the faint hearted…
24oz Rump Steak..finish this one and receive your dessert on us !
All steaks are served with chips, roasted tomato and cup mushrooms.
Sauces & Sides
Peppercorn Onion Rings
Bearnaise Mixed side salad
Mornay Fresh Vegetables
Slowly Roasted Belly of Wiltshire Pork..served with bubble & squeak, fine green beans, Chantanay carrots and wholegrain mustard jus 13.95
Slowly Roasted Lamb Shank.served with chive mash, fine green beans, Chantanay carrots and a caralamised red onion jus 14.95
Homemade Richmond Pie..A hearty creamed mix of chestnuts, walnuts, & wild mushrooms served with fresh vegetables & a choice of potatoes ( suitable for vegetarians) 10.95
Trio of Local Venison Sausages served with bubble & squeak & a rich bean casoulet 11.95
Chicken Madras..an authentic Indian dish served with basmati rice, mango chutney and puppodom 10.95
Steak, Mushroom & Silverskin onion Pie..served with chips, fine green beans & Chantanay carrots 10.95
Wholetail Scampi..served with chips, peas & chefs own tartare sauce 8.95
Hunters Chicken..breast of chicken topped with bacon, mature cheddar cheese and barbecue sauce, fresh mixed salad and chips 11.95
Homemade Beefburger..topped with bacon and Monteray Jack cheese, salad garnish and fries 9.95
Beer Battered Cod..with chips, petite pois and chefs own tartare sauce 9.95
Pan-fried Halibut..served with rattatouile and saute potatoes 14.95
Pan Fried Salmon..served with a pesto & lemon herb crust on a bed of asparagus, pea, leek & spring onion risotto 13.95
Banana Split..vanilla Ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate sauce topped with mixed nuts 5.45
Treacle Sponge Pudding..with hot Devon custard 5.45
Sticky Toffee Pudding..with hot Devon custard 5.45
Chocolate Brownies..with chantilly cream or Marshfields vanilla ice cream 5.45
Hot Chocolate Fudge Cake..served with Chantilly cream or very vanilla ice cream 5.45
Selection of West Country Cheeses..served with biscuits 6.95
Marshfield Farm Ice Creams All Priced at 5.45
Heavenly Honeycomb Tutti Frutti
Very Vanilla Blackcurrants in Clotted Cream
- Beef Lasagne with fresh salad or fries
- Chicken Curry with Basmati rice
- Wholetail Scampi with fries & peas or baked beans
- Bangers with bubble & squeak & peas and gravy
- 1/4lb Beefburger with fries & peas
- Breaded Chicken Fillets with fries & baked beans or peas
Price includes free ice cream ! you can choose from:
- Tutti Fruiti
If you would like an alternative from the above choices please let us know!
We always have fresh seasonal vegetables, fresh salad and new potatoes.
Thursday Night Special !
Buy any meal from our main menu and receive your dessert free!
Thats right absolutely free!
Dont miss out book your table now.